Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blue Father's Day card

Today hubby and I celebrated our 23 years of marriage…and still in love and enjoy each other’s company….which is good as we are together 24/7 most days! In fact, we are each other’s best friend. How did we celebrate – by going to Rondeau Provincial Park for a BBQ lunch, a 31.7 km bike ride and a Rondeau Veggie burger for supper.
Great day! Great weather! Great love-affair!

Now on to the post of the day - a Birthday Card for a Dad. My own father, and Joe’s father, died in the early 1970’s so I don’t make Father’s Day cards. I could, but I just don’t think of it. But I do make the occasional birthday card for men and dads. This is just a simple card but hubby keeps reminding me that men do not want fancy cards with bows and bling!



So, I cut two pieces of scrap paper to cover the card front and added a strip of ribbon to cover the seam. I cut D A D out of light blue paper with Fiskars letter shapers and inked the edges and placed them to read down on the left side. I stamped a gift package on the same light blue and colored the ribbon dark blue, cut it out and adhered it under the DAD. Three squares were cut from the same light blue and I rounded the corners, stamped an image on each one and coloured them in and adhered them on an angle down the right side. Simple card to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...