Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Butterfly Card


Well we did get some rain but not a real good drenching. Hopefully some more will come tonight. This has been a busy day so far with lots of errands and some groceries bought this morning and replacing batteries in all Joe’s solar lights this afternoon. Some of the lights are old and we had to sort out which ones were still good and which ones were ready to be discarded. He loves his solar lights and I must admit I enjoy them too. His other passion is lighthouses so he has five solar lighthouses too. There is one big one that is years old and rusting out so it is pretty much just a decoration; two are ones we bought, one the girls gave him for Father’s Day last year and I made him one out of clay pots. I think that’s enough lighthouses!! The other solar lights are just the normal individual lights.

The nice weather is fast approaching and that means more time outside and less time card making, quilting and painting so from now on don’t be surprised if there is only a posting two or three times a week.

Today’s card was made using my new to me butterfly stamp that is now my favourite. This is the one my friend who gave up card making gave me. Nice to have friends!
 


I stamped the butterfly, coloured it with water colour pencils and blended it with water and then cut it out. The brown piece of cardstock was run through an embossing folder, just getting part of it and then I lightly sponged some white ink over it. I die cut the strip with the Spellbinder’s die and did the same to a strip of the same brown cardstock and then placed the light coloured one on top so the brown would show through and then added the ribbon which happens to match the background paper. The butterfly was glued on last. The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up.

That is all for a cool Tuesday!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...