Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring has Sprung

Spring has indeed sprung! I picked my first bunch of daffodils today. Beautiful weekend, except for the thunderstorm!...which neither one of us heard last night but I guess it was a whopper because about 3,000 people lost power. The beauty of a good night’s sleep! I normally hear every storm but not last night. I was feeling better yesterday – colds normally only last a couple of days with me – so after lunch we took a ride out to Rondeau Provincial Park, bought our seasonal pass, and walked a few trails….and met up with some fellow birders. There are not too many birds out and about yet but it was jut nice to get out of house on a warm day. It’s even warmer today, close to 70F I think, but it is going to storm again this afternoon and the temperature is plunging to close to 0F by tomorrow. Strange, strange weather. Of course, with the atmospheric pressure bouncing all around, it set off the brain disorders so my speech is beyond weird so I’m staying put today.

I thought I would post a scrapbook layout today.

 


My grandson went to a friend’s house and he had a monster maker toy. Jack was so enthralled with it; he ended up getting one too. His dad and little brother watched him make monsters. The owl is a stamp I own and I paired it with a star and circle and wrote the year on the circle. The tags were from a package I bought ages ago and decided it was time to use them. The title letters/tags came with the set and hand wrote the journal tag. The little monsters on the right lower corner are a stamp from Stamping Bella. I just stamped it and coloured it and then cut it out and glued it on.  All the paper is from the stash – double sided paper is great! I cut two pieces about 2” off each end and flipped them over and taped it all back together and then added some more strips across the bottom for the monsters to sit on. For once it was a quick and easy layout.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...