Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cool Breezes Can't Stop Me



There was still a cool breeze blowing here today but we braved the day and went for a nice long bike ride at Rondeau Provincial Park. Well actually we waited until after lunch and it turned out to be a beautiful day there, although I left a long sleeve shirt on Joe said he was “just okay” with just a T-shirt. We didn’t get any biking in last weekend and it’s amazing how quickly your muscles and your butt get tired.  However, we have learned to push through this phase and we normally do somewhere between 25 – 32km each time we are out, tired or not! Today we did just over 29km. They are now calling for even more rain and/or thunderstorms from Friday right through until next Tuesday so we have to get some exercise in while we can.

I needed some anniversary cards so I got busy and made some this week. Here’s one of them.
 


This one I coloured with my new alcohol markers but not on the right paper apparently as it didn’t blend like I thought they would. The stamp is from Stamping Bella and is still available. Square dies are Spellbinders. The sentiment was stamped on a Sizzix tag that I cut in half and inked the edges and is popped up with dimensional glue dots. The flowers are from various sources. The fern is my trusty old Martha Stewart punch. Anytime I have green cardstock pieces left over I punch some ferns and put them in a small drawer so when I need them, I have them ready. The swirl was die cut twice, once in blue, once in white, with a Tim Holtz die and then I glued them together but off-side with the blue on top.

That would be it for a lovely Thursday night.

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...