Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Global Cooling??



We are having a global cooling here in Ontario. Usually in July we are suffering with hot and humid weather that is usually in the 90’s or even 100’s. But today it was just around the 70º mark and the wind was very cool once again. This was our annual garage sale at our quilt guild meeting. I didn’t bother getting anything ready to sell and I didn’t buy much either. I did get a couple of books on machine quilting patterns that I needed and a couple other notions but not much else.

However, I stopped at the Goodwill on the way to the quilt guild and hit pay dirt! There were no crafting goodies to be had but I still did well. I haven’t been in a thrift store in weeks but tonight they had bags and bags of lovely quilting cotton and for $20 I got a huge stack of fabric, most are large pieces, some smaller but all lovely. I can’t wait to get it sorted and ready to use.

I thought I’d post a card tonight. This one is an experiment that sort of worked out, more or less.



I had some pots of Perfect Pearls that for some reason I haven’t used in months and months so I pulled them out and started to play. The first panel I made went into the garbage. It was so blah!... but as I sat and looked at it, it dawned on me why it was blah – I had used white cardstock and Perfect Pearls work best on dark cardstock. So, I tried again on black cardstock. I stamped the scrolls first with Versa Mark and then brushed the Perfect Pearls over them, and did the same for the bird next, and then the sentiment. Then the panel was die cut with the Spellbinder Card Creator die along with the white one. Then I died the baker’s twine around a piece of blue patterned paper and glued it to the blue card base. Then I attached the black panel. I like it okay but I think it could be brighter.

That’s all for a Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet




1 comment:

  1. Well it looks very pretty in the photo! I love a blue bird. I've been wanting some perfect pearls.. i 'll have to remember that bit about dark paper... :)

    This has been a cooler week for us too...although not as cool as you. Our highs are in the high 80's and low 90's instead of triple digits..Woohoo!!! :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...