Friday, September 26, 2014

A Winter Card on a Warm Fall Day



Summer weather continues today and will for the next week or so. It cools down at night though as a reminder that it is fall. Today was an expensive day. My sewing machine needed a good cleaning and some repairs to the tune of - $227.00….ChaChing! And then I had to pick up my new glasses - $250.00….ChaChing again. Oh well, if I’m going to quilt I need a sewing machine that works and glasses to see where I’m stitching!

Today’s card was made for the Stamping Bella challenge. I like to make birthday cards for little girls who have a winter birthday so that’s what I did.



This week we had to follow a sketch – not my favourite thing to do as I like to do my own thing but I followed it anyway. I wanted a square card and didn’t have any white pre-made ones so I made one in blue to match her coat. The image was coloured with my alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils. I don’t have any alcohol makers for the flesh tones. I like the alcohol markers okay but I actually prefer the pencils. The other paper is from the stash.

That’s all for this week.

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...