Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!



Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Yup, today’s my birthday and I’m the ripe old age of 67 now. I still feel like I’m in my 20’s most days, and probably act more that way too according to some people (hubby) but I enjoy life too much to sit around and feel sorry for myself for what ever problem crops up. I prefer to dwell on the positives instead of the negatives in life.

This is going to be a long post because I want to share my experience on Saturday biking at the park. The card will follow so skip this part if you don’t want a laugh. It was very hot and humid on Saturday…and every day since then. This is the first time all summer that we’ve had the A/C on 3 days in a row…..but back to the bike ride. We like to ride the trails and came out of one and onto the pavement and I’m riding along just enjoying the day when I looked down and saw a spider on the mirror attached to my bike handle…a big spider too….and he was crawling up towards the handle. AAAGGGHHHH. I HATE spiders and I took that hand off the handle and started yelling for Joe to come back to rescue me. Turns out I don’t steer very well with one hand and while panicking. Luckily we were on a closed road so I didn’t hit into a car or one didn’t hit into me because let me tell you people I was all over the place. I finally had the sense to stop and jumped off the bike just as Joe came back and he’s all panicky thinking I’m having a seizure of some kind and when I point to the dreaded spider he started to laugh. Laugh people. He was laughing at me. He blew the spider off which swung down his web so Joe waved over the web and the spider hits the pavement….right by my foot! STOMP! Joe says, “What did you do that for? That spider wasn’t going to hurt anything out here?”  Yeah well he landed by my foot and it was an involuntary reaction. Took a few minutes for the heart rate to return to normal that’s for sure and it didn’t help that Joe kept looking back at me and smirking. Okay you would think that’s the end of the story but it’s not. I woke up about 2:00 a.m. in a cold sweat because that darn spider was spooking me in a nightmare…and he was even bigger and closer to me. AAAGGGHHHH! Took awhile for me to get back to sleep because every time I closed my eyes, you know what I was seeing! When I told Joe in the morning about the nightmare, did I get any sympathy – NO! I got, “Serves you right for stomping on it”.  Grrrrrrr.

He made up for it though! His sister is still in hospital and not the local one so yesterday we drove to where she is (about 2 hours drive most days) and had a visit. She is getting much better and will be home in a day or two. So, we decided we wanted some Chinese for supper and we remembered going to a nice one with lots of choices that was reasonably priced so we headed for there – closed  {we don’t eat meat (except sea food and Joe eats chicken on occasion) so we like the buffet style ones} Oh boy that left the Mandarin Inn which is very, very nice and very, very expensive. We went for it. We had the best Chinese meal ever and that was my birthday meal gift. Nice! I haven’t had crab legs for about 4 or 5 years so I feasted on them the most. Definitely got my money’s worth there! Not sure what today will bring because we just had a rain storm come through and they are predicting a thunderstorm as well. Doesn’t matter. Just being alive is a fine birthday present to me! I think I’ll get some more card making in or maybe work on my current quilt project!

Okay, now the card. This is another Magnolia image.


Once again it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. (My birthday gift from my girls was a set of Derwent pencils with colours I didn’t have and they are every bit as nice as the Prismacolor ones…and a set of the Derwent water colour pencils which I really wanted.) Back to the card….the ovals are from Spellbinder’s and I die cut both the purple and white one with the same die and then cut off the edge of the white one to layer on top of the purple. The ones in the set were too big for what I wanted. I sponged chalk around the image.  The ribbon and paper is from the stash. The ribbon at the top is just a piece of left over ribbon. I keep these instead of throwing them out because they sure come in handy for accent pieces.

That’s all for a Monday.

Cheers
Violet


2 comments:

  1. WEll first of all... Happy, happy birthday Violet!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful one and a day of biking to remember!! LOL! Spider! EEeeekk! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet, you made me laugh!!Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...