Monday, September 22, 2014

Two Cards Today



Last night was just one of those nights when the eyes would not close!....and for no apparent reason either which is even more annoying. Luckily we had a busy day today so it kept me awake. First thing this morning we had to go pick up my sister who returned from B.C. today – after four months away so we had to have breakfast out and get caught up….which didn’t take long on our end!!! Then it was a trip to the library – yes again – then I had to order new glasses – stopped at Michaels to get some cards and envelopes and managed to pick up some dies on sale and the long skinny platforms for the Big Shot that was on sale for $7.00…and then groceries…and then my BFF stopped in for a visit….and now it’s after 4:00 in the afternoon. Tonight is going to be a do nothing night I think!

Saturday we headed out to Point Pelee National Park because the Monarchs and the Blue Jays and other raptors are heading south. Point Pelee reported over 2,000 Monarchs twice last week which is a sight to see. We’ve seen close to 1,000 a few years ago but not that many recently. So we walked the trails – 10,051 steps – and we saw…..zero Monarchs…..zero Blue Jays….and I took…..zero pictures. First time ever we have gone to Point Pelee and not taken a single photo. We did see one Great Blue Heron but he was out in the middle of the marsh and after taken pictures of one from about 15 feet away (click on Birds and Nature under Labels to view them) I had no interest in trying to get a good shot of that one. So, other than lots of exercise it was a bit disappointing.

Yesterday I did get a few cards finished up. I’m posting two of them today because it is the same image and the cards are similar.I love this image! It is perfect for a get well card for either a man or a woman. Not too much colouring was needed on them.
 

For this card I found a piece of paper in the stash that looked good with the red label (Spellbinders) and attached it…I fixed the crooked part which I noticed when I downloaded the photos… the bakers twine was wrapped around the card and then I tied on the tag which was die cut from a QuicKutz die and while it was still in the die I ran a red pen around the edge.



Same Spellbinder labels for this card but to use up the bit of leftover paper from the first card I had just enough to get a diagonal cut which I placed on the top of the card base. The gold lines are stickers and the sentiment was stamped right on the front of the card.   Both cards were pretty quick and easy to complete.

That’s all for a Monday,

 Cheers
Violet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...