Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Busy Day....



This was such a busy day today I’m bushed. I think it’s going to be a good night to curl up with a book while keeping an eye on the World Series game. Once my Toronto Blue Jays are out of the running, I don’t watch many games but this may be an exception….mainly because I’m too tired from running errands all over the city to be bothered to even quilt…yes, I’m that tired.

Here is another Halloween card I made for the 7 year old grandson. While I was at Michaels today I picked up two more Halloween stamps for .45 each, a skull and poison jars which I can use on scrapbook pages or for cards for next year. They had everything Halloween on for 70% off but I didn’t bother with anything else.

But once again, I digress, here’s his card.


Lots going on and many layers on this card! I never know what I’m going to do so it’s as big a surprise to me how it turns out as it is to anyone else. I started out sponging the sky and land with various light inks. The cloud was sponged on with Distress ink Dusky Concord. The moon and small bat were die cut from a QuicKutz die. The tombstone and ghost were die cut from Sizzix dies and the large bats were punched with a Stampin’ Up die. The tree was a stencil that I held in place and sponged on brown inks, and then white to soften it. The spider web is actually an iron-on from Fabricland that I purchased a couple years ago. I didn’t bother iron it on this time though, I just glued it on. Something had to go there because that corner seemed bare. For the tombstone I inked dark grey ink around the slits and around the edges. The RIP comes with the die set and I sponged darker grey over it to make it stand out. The ghost was sponged around the edges with purple. My daughter told me today that the boys loved their cards. I made them both Halloween bookmarks which I forgot to photograph and they REALLY liked them. They are both love to read which is wonderful. One more Halloween card to post. They are calling for 90% chance of rain for Halloween here….and maybe even….ACCCHHHHH SNOW!!! Hope not!

That’s all for a Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...