Thursday, October 23, 2014

It was 'One of those days"



Did you ever have one of those days when everything is a problem? Today was my day….nothing life-altering mind you, just annoying little problems?...hurried off to the library book sale today only to find out all the books I would be interested in were snapped up last night at the preview. I refuse to pay $5.00 to get in early to buy used books…so that was a wasted trip….I copied some instructions…forgot to copy the pattern and had to go get the magazine out again….the quilt I was working on is giving me problems...not enough black fabric…I needed to burn some ITunes and it wasn’t working….I gave up and did something else and when I returned and tried again it did work. See what I mean…just silly miscues all day which means I got didaley squat done today.

Joe was laughing this afternoon at me and suggested I stay away from all sharp objects and the sewing machine…but the stove was okay to use!!! Crazy day for sure. I think some brain cells didn’t wake up this morning. After supper he decided we should go to watch our local hockey team play….terrible game…our goal tender couldn’t stop anything tonight and they lost…yeah, my bad luck rubbed off on them too. Oh well, tomorrow is a clean slate and we’ll try again.

I’m showcasing some more cards made from those smaller RSVP cards. I had a question on yesterday’s post about using them as postcards but no, they are too small for that. They are actually about 3.75 x 5.25 so they look nice attached to a standard cream card base which is 4x5.5. I’m actually liking what I’m making with them now that I took the plunge and I’m sure I can use the envelopes for thank you cards or shower gift cards...I'll just make my own card bases or cut the others down.

Here are two more cards. It's hard to tell but they are mounted on regluar sized cream card bases that I get from Michaels.
 



This time I dipped the cards into various Distress inks before stamping them. They were stamped with an Inkadinkado stamp using Archival ink. I put the gold sentiment and swirl in the bottom right and a corner treatment in the top left to balance it out.

That’s all for a Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...