Monday, October 6, 2014



Well I’m sure glad that last weekend is behind us…..sunnier days ahead….ooops, wrong, more rain tomorrow….so healthier days ahead will have to do. The above average temperatures decided to drop to below normal on Saturday and brought lots of rain with it. If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know that I have two rare brain disorders and they do not like abrupt temperature or atmospheric pressure change. Saturday was just an okay day but Sunday morning I woke up with a full blown attack of trigeminal neuralgia. Groan. Because of the pending bad weather we had no plans except to go to church and out for lunch afterwards but that sure didn’t happen! I was talking like someone who was recovering from a stroke – hard to get words from the brain to leave the mouth…and understandable. Needless to say it was a quiet day around here Sunday. Joe of course just gave me a hug Sunday morning and said, “Don’t worry about dear. Your speech will come back later today”. Well, it did improve some during the day, but not much. He is my rock that’s for sure. However, I never worry about bad days because bad days are temporary and good days are so much better than bad days I prefer to think about them instead of wallowing in self pity.

 Sure enough, today started out with much less pain and I could speak again and there was no rain this morning so we went for an hour and half walk. It sure felt good to get out of the house! It was pouring rain again just after supper and more coming tomorrow so I won’t be going far tomorrow either. But that’s okay, I have many, many quilts on the go that need to get finished.

Last year when I was having a bad day I created an art journal page. I did post it but I'm posting it again as a reminder. This was such a fun page to make.

 
Today’s card is one that I would like to receive if someone was sending me a card. Yeah, I like it that much.


I took some scraps of paper that went together and cut banners in various sizes and inked the edges. Then a large piece of pink paper was glued to the blue paper and the banners were glued to the crease. Then the brown and pink (I love brown and pink together) was placed over the ends of the banner. The sentiment is a sticker. This is why I don’t throw out small bits of paper! I love using them up in various ways.

That’s all for a Monday, October-06-14.

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Love that card and journal page! I'm so sorry your having a tough time right now.... And i'm so glad you have Joe for your rock.

    Perhaps you should be here in CA where the temp is 97 with no rain in sight.....blah..... :) Big hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...