Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Change of Pace



Still cold and still some flurries coming down but nothing like Buffalo N.Y. area – over 5’ of snow and they expect another 3’. Some people have not had their streets plowed out since Monday night and with over 5’ of snow on them, it’s going to take awhile to get them all done. Our furnace started getting noisier so I called the repair company and they came today – the motor they replaced last year failed but was under warranty! Thank goodness for that and thank goodness I called before it died completely. This is no time of the year to have no furnace.

Today’s card is a change of pace from Christmas cards to a birthday card I made from left over paper.



I was cleaning up my work table and picked up this piece of black cardstock that I had die cut the middle out of for another project. It was already embossed around the edges of the cut out part. Mmmhhh I thought. What can I do with this? Well, the first thing I did was die cut that bright yellow using the same die and placing it in the negative space, taping it at the back to keep it in place. Then I spotted some of that gorgeous bright and cheery striped paper and decided to use it behind the cut out area. First I stamped the sentiment of course in case I screwed up doing that….hey, it happens people! It needed something else and I had a tiny bit of the striped paper left over so I die cut a piece of it and the bright yellow with a Memory Box butterfly die. I love that that die comes with the body and antennae for the butterfly. I glued the striped butterfly on top of the plain one, just in the middle so the yellow just peaks out and the top wings are free. Then I glued the entire thing to the light turquoise card base.

That’s all for a Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...