Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lest We Forget

Today was Remembrance Day here in Canada and Joe and I attended the ceremony at the cenotaph. There was a very large crowd there this year which was so good to see. We cannot let the fallen soldiers think we have forgotten them.
 
So there is no post today of any crafted item except the wall plaque I painted last year for Remembrance Day. I painted this in memory of my mother's youngest brother who died in action  in WWII just before the war ended. He was only 23 years old. Cpl. Frank Harvey Willett. May he rest in peace.
 
 
My brother Frank, his namesake, inherited these medals and his family had them professionally mounted for him.
 
 
Here is the poppy plaque.
 
Lest we forget  indeed.

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...