Monday, November 17, 2014

Star War Fans



Cold…..and getting colder by the minute! We had another couple of inches of snow starting last night and off and on all day today. However, this morning we bundled up and went for our walk downtown and back and it was really nice getting some fresh air. Unfortunately yesterday my speech was in the “don’t even leave the house” mode so I was grounded. No walk tomorrow though as they are calling for temperatures about -9C (15F) with winds gusting up to 65km an hour. Yikes! Another quilting day for me coming up!

I almost forgot to post these tonight. So, just to break up the string of blue and silver Christmas cards I thought I’d post a scrapbook layout for a change of pace. There will be a few more Christmas cards coming; some of the blue and silver and others as well, but I don’t have them photographed yet.



Two of my grandsons are BIG Star Wars fans so when there was a show of some kind coming to where they live their parents bought tickets for them to attend….and of course, they wore the Star Wars costumes I made for them. This was a pretty simple layout to create. I cut the yellow background paper into 3” strips and then added another blotchy paper between them behind the photos. I wanted the paler and brighter background because the photos were rather dark. Then I added the wine strips to the top, scallops to the bottom. This grounds the photos so they don’t appear to be floating. The title started out as either bright blue or hot pink (glittered too) but I just added Alcohol ink to them to get the colour I wanted and the glitter gives them some extra dimension. The little stars were die cut with a Cuttlebug die and the brackets on both sides of the small picture in the top left are from a Sizzix die. The Star War stickers are just that – stickers I found at the dollar store.

Here are the pages on their own for a closer look.





That’s all for a cold Monday night!
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...