Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another Teal Card



Well this was a long day! I woke up at 5:20 and absolutely could not get back to sleep so I gave up at 5:30 and got up. By 6:15 I had had breakfast and a coffee and read through the paper. Joe of course was still sound asleep so I had to be quiet. I could have read but instead I decided to get busy and cut strips for my next quilt project. I needed 84, 1 ½ x 6.50 inch strips and 84 1 ½ x 8.50 inch strips. That’s a lot of strips but I had them all cut and ready to go by the time Joe woke up. There was no walk for us today as it was drizzling rain most of the day so I got all those strips sewn to my blocks. I sure got a lot done but I must admit the early morning is catching up with me and I’m starting to wilt!

Do any of you read Tim Holtz blog? Man, can that guy create! I love his projects. Of course it helps that he has all his supplies at his fingertips! Wouldn’t it be great to have a studio like his! I only have a couple of his dies and some early stamps and I use them all the time but I sure wish I had more. I’m liking a lot of the early Christmas dies he had – like the Victorian man with the wreath and the old lamp post. These are definitely on my wish list….along with some Distress Stain and markers!

Before I post today’s card I want to remind you that if you are more interested in mixed media work, art journal pages, scrapbooking or quilting, just go over to LABELS and click on the heading of what interests you the most and it will open only those posts. Double click on any picture to enlarge it.

This is another Christmas card in teal and I made it for my one and only granddaughter. She has rescue dogs as well and one of them looks like the dog in this image, which I got off the Internet on a free site so I have no idea who made it. I think I'll enter it into the Christmas card challenge that I entered the one I posted yesterday in. I think they allow three from one person.
 

Once again the paper is from the stash and the image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. Glitter was added to the fur. The blue and yellow around the image is chalk. All the dies are from Spellbinders. The card base is from a package from Michaels. I really like this Spellbinder’s fancy square die set but the one corner on the white layer doesn’t want to cut cleanly no matter what I do. I have to run that one corner through the Big Shot about 6 times before it cuts through.

That’s all for a rainy Tuesday, December-16-14

Cheers
Violet

5 comments:

  1. Awwww...so cute!!! Love the glittery hat :) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card, Violet! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your teal card. The image is adorable with her glittery fur trim. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card!! Thanks for playing at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...