Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Stash Buster Background Card



It was another cold one today and tonight is going to be a record breaking cold night for this time of the year. The good news, the normal temperatures for March are coming this weekend and looks like the bitter cold spell will be broken! Halleluiah! Unless you’ve lived through this kind of bitter cold weather you just cannot imagine what it’s like. We laughed when we heard the people in Florida complaining because it was in the 40’s there! Hah! This morning I had to run a few errands – and no chauffeur as he’s still sick – and as I was backing out of my driveway I realized that I could only see the very tops of cars coming down the street because the snow is so high! Haven’t seen snow piled up like that in years. We normally get enough warm days to keep it low but not this year. I’m really, really looking forward to some warmer weather.

I thought I’d make a card for the Seize the Birthday card challenge….so I did!
 

I had made some cards and had some bits of pieces left over. Rather than adding them to the stash, I took a few extras out of the stash, cut them all ¼” wide and made a striped background. I started at the top left corner about 1 ½” in and went out to the corner. Then I started at one end of the last strip and added strips going on a different angle. Once everything was glued down, I trimmed off the access paper and ran it through a Sizzix folder to emboss those large dots. It just seemed to make it more interesting when embossed.

I still had some of the paper left over so I first die cut the old bicycle with a Memory Box die out of brown and placed a rectangle from the same brown on the background. I die cut two squares (Spellbinders) out of the yellow striped paper and glued the bicycle on one and added it to the brown rectangle. Then I stamped a square inside the square with brown ink – this is from one of the new stamps sets I scored at the thrift store – and then added a black peel-off sentiment. Nothing fancy because this one is for a guy and they like plain….but I think it’s okay the way it is.

That’s all for a cold Thursday,
Cheers
Violet


3 comments:

  1. wow, I love every thing you added to this card...the strips of pattern paper, the dots on top and then that cute bicycle!! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that old bicycle die cut Violet. So so cool!! Stay as warm as you can. Tell the chauffeur to feel better soon... It sure likes to hang on.. When i was sick it took so long to get over this year. When it got down in my lungs it was like cement to get out and breathe again... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and layout! That old bicycle is awesome. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...