Friday, April 17, 2015

A Butterfly Card



It was an absolutely beautiful spring day here today – finally! Tomorrow is supposed to be almost as nice – and then four days of rain! This is pretty typical of weather in April in Ontario.  I spent part of the day getting some scrapbooking done. It was so nice to be doing something I haven’t done for awhile. I’ll not likely ever get caught up on my scrapbooking but hopefully I’ll make a dent in it.

Today’s card is a pretty easy one to put together and I like how it turned out.

This card has the fold at the top and the bottom corners were rounded - just for a change. I hand cut two banners, one of the light blue and one of the matching darker blue and glued them on. Then I die cut the top swirly piece with a Spellbinder’s die and off-set them. The butterfly is a peel-off and it changes colour depending on what the colour of the surface you put it on is. I love these and I can only find them once in awhile at The Dollar Tree. The other peel-offs are from various sources. I added some glitter here and there around everything because it was looking a little plain. You can barely see the glitter in the photo but it is there.

That’s all for a Friday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers
Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...