Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Wedding Card on a Busy Day



This was busy, wet day today! The forecast for the entire week is rain, rain, and rain with thunderstorms! April showers indeed! We absolutely had to go for groceries today – not a slice of bread in the house, no fresh fruit or veggies left and running low on milk. Neither one of felt like getting them over the weekend or even yesterday but today we just had to go. Talk about being lazy! Just before we left for groceries my friend called to see if could possibly look after her daycare kids while she went for a doctor’s appointment this afternoon. Joe had an appointment as well and it worked out fine for him to drop me off and pick me up later so I said sure I would help her out. She wasn’t gone that long but Joe had the car so we had a nice long visit while watching the kids play. We were waiting for the kids’ parents to pick them up we were sitting talking….about quilting of course….and I had two of the three year olds sitting on my knee jabbering away. Phene and I were chatting and not paying much attention to them until it registered what they were saying – they were arguing about whose grandma I was.   “She’s my grandma!” “No, she’s my grandma” over and over and we both had a good laugh over it. We have no idea why they decided I was a grandma because they know my name but it was funny. By the time Joe picked me up we were both tired and hungry and ended up going out for Chinese food for supper. Like I said, busy day! Isn’t that typical – you go for groceries in the morning and eat out at night!

The wedding season is coming soon so I thought I’d make a couple of wedding cars to have on hand. Here’s one of them.


I love how this card turned out. I ran a piece of white cardstock through the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder leaving about 1 ¼ space in the middle flat. To do this just put one end of the cardstock in the folder, leaving the other end stick out the end and run it through your machine – I have Big Shot now. Turn the cardstock around and do the same thing. I had made a light pencil mark where I wanted the embossed part to start. Then I placed it on the Scor-Pal and ran embossed lines on either side of the flat spot. The sentiment was stamped in gold but didn’t show up as nicely as I wanted so I went over it with a gold pen. The gold and white hearts are peel-offs. The white flower vine is one of my new dies from Die-namites that I won. The large white flower came from a bunch from the dollar store and I just cut them off and hot glued it on.

That’s all for a wet and rainy Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet







2 comments:

  1. How lovely, Violet! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your card with just the white and gold! The swiss dots look so pretty on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #15!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...