Tuesday, April 14, 2015

An Ooops to an "AHHHH I like it" Card



Not much to report today. The sun was shining brightly but the wind was cool so it was a bit deceiving. Joe did some of the yard raking and clean-up today and I finished another charity quilt….well, almost finished.

I made so many cards over the last two weeks when I couldn’t quilt I had a hard time deciding which one to post today. I finally decided to post the one that almost ended up in the garbage.



While I was puttering around in the lower studio (aka the basement) last week I was in the mood to do some experimenting. So, I took a piece of glossy cardstock; inked up a brayer with the Rangers Hydrangea Big and Juicy ink pad and brayed it over the glossy paper. Yikes. It was dreadful, all blotchy and quite ugly. I brayed on more ink and more ink and it just didn’t want to stick to the paper. I flipped it up on the desk and went on to something else. The next day I picked it up and thought, “That sort of looks like a sunset”, and I was glad I hadn’t put it in the garbage right away. I used some Distress Mustard seed ink to fill in some of the middle part that was blotchy and it looked much nicer. Then I stamped the trees (Stampin’ Up) twice without re-inking and then I stamped the sentiment. I tied a lavender ribbon around the bottom edge and mounted it first on a piece of purple cardstock and then onto a piece of beige cardstock that I had dipped in various Distress ink to give a marbled appearance. I had done this the day before too when I was in my experimenting mood and didn’t really have a use for it. Now I like it and I may try to make another one. I know that each one will turn out differently but next time I’m in the experimenting mood, I’ll give another shot.

I still cannot turn off the word verification bit. If you know how to do this, let me know and I hope it doesn’t stop you from posting a comment. I love to read the comments.

That’s all for a cool Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. hi violet!!! things are still crazy ... but we made it to arkansas and have been sleeping on an air mattress on my sister in laws tiny house for a week now. she has two killer cats so jinx is locked up in the laundry room for the duration... still waiting for them to appraise the house we want so... still in limbo ... uuugghh.. but your lovely card here made me smile ..so glad u didn't throw it away .. hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...