Thursday, May 21, 2015

A "Betty" from Art Impressions Card

We had such a busy day yesterday I didn’t have time to post a card. First we went to Windsor to return my camera to Henry’s for repair. Alas, they could not repair it there and it has to go to Toronto for repairs. Thank goodness I took out the extended warranty! Last night was the quilt guild meeting as well so there wasn’t much time between getting home from Windsor, checking emails, chatting with sister and getting supper. After all that I was too pooped to post!

Today’s card is another favourite from Art Impressions called “Betty” and it is still available. Love this stamp and I haven’t coloured it up for quite awhile so it was time to do so.
 

“Betty” is coloured with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. This is a huge stamp and it doesn’t fit any of my dies so I just cut it down to the size I want for the card I happen to be making. The edges are inked – of course – I hate white edges. The sentiment does not come with the stamp nor does the music notes. I just stamp them on afterwards. The blue and shadows are chalk. The card base is lime green cardstock and then I pulled some matching green checked paper to mount the image on. It needed a little something so I wrapped the green ribbons across the image and green checked paper before gluing it to the card base.

That’s all for a cool Thursday – yes, it’s still cool here in Ontario but hopefully it will warm up by the weekend.

   Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...