Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Blah Day but Cards Made



This was a bit of a blah day! They were calling for thunderstorms this afternoon and the dark clouds kept rolling in but kept on going so far but too risky to drive to the park for a bike ride only to get rained out. The skies were pretty dark towards the lake so we figured it probably was raining there. Tomorrow is Canada Day so a big BBQ is planned with two of the daughters and their families and my sister and perhaps Joe’s sister and her friend so we needed a day of rest anyway. Joe rested but I went down to the lower studio and made some cards. A friend of mine lost her 7 year old granddaughter from cancer a couple of weeks ago and she wondered if I could make her a couple of cards with dragonflies on them. She wants to send a couple of personal notes to people and dragonflies were important to Addison so that’s why she requested them. I ended up making 12 cards so she can have her pick. Here are two of them.



These two cards were made the same way so I’m posting them together. The background is water colour paper that I wet first and then splashed on water colour paint and let it swirl and mix. Once it was dried I enhanced some places with Distress Inks. Once that dried I splattered on drops of water which makes those lovely distress splats….for lack of a better word! The dragonflies were stamped with Archival Ink and then I added the sequins. Some of the dragonfly wings have some Wink of Stella added for bling, some are left plain, and some have some liquid glitter glue.  

That’s all for a dull, cloudy Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Violet and so sweet of you to make them.... Have you tried any of the Distress Glaze yet ? I'm up at 5am this morning as we have an appt for hubs and i MUST get my coffee in before we go..lol.. Did you know the birds wake up at 5:30 am...? :) Hope you have a wonderful , not blah day... Happy Canada Day my friend! July 4th is looming ahead of us...uuughh with all the boaters and firework popping people i think i will just bury my head.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...