Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Good news, Bad News and a Card



Lucky, lucky, lucky! Yes, we are very lucky indeed. About 3:00 am last night we had major thunderstorms roll through….vicious thunderstorms. So vicious in fact that there were tornadoes confirmed over in Michigan, Illinois and Iowa….The good news is.....no tornadoes here in Ontario which is why I say we are so lucky. I told Joe this morning that the storm was one step from being a tornado and he didn’t believe me until we saw the news…..and because he normally sleeps through them. He says he heard the thunder once and saw one flash of lightning – oh boy….wish I could sleep like that. I hear everything!  Point Pelee Park had to close today because of the number of trees that fell over onto the road – there is only one road in, one road out. Lots of people are without power too.

The bad news.....Joe washed our cell phone! He forgot to take it out of his pocket and it’s nice and clean, but doesn’t work. This is the second time he has done this….plus he washed a $100 camera battery a couple of years ago….so he says he is done carrying the phone!!!! I think he means it to. So, we upgraded from the little flip phone to a real cell phone……we’re slowing catching up with the rest of the world.

Today’s card is a masculine card…..not my favourite card to make but they do have birthdays and like a card.



My go-to stamp for men – the Tim Holtz old truck! This time I stamped and embossed it with that rusty red colour and cut it out. I dug through the stash and found that dark background paper and the buff coloured paper that had red splatters on it. Perfect. The oval was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and then I added the truck with thin dimensional dots. I swiped some of the same red under it and around the edges. I had a piece of the buff paper left over so I die cut a decorative edge, inked it up and added it to the left. The sentiment is from an old greeting card and the inside was computer generated and said something like….”but you’re still in great shape” and then Happy Birthday.

That’s all for a sunny and lovely Tuesday,
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...