Friday, July 10, 2015

A Little of This, a Little of That



Do you ever have those days when you seem to be busy all day but at the end of the day you don’t feel like you really accomplished much? Today was one of those days. We did a little of this and that out in the garden in the morning; a little sitting around reading with a second cup of coffee; a little sewing (me); a visit with the sister-in-law; watered the flowers (me); more puttering around the garden and before we knew it, it was time to make supper. Oh well, one of the perks of being retired I guess!

I thought I’d close the week off with a scrapbook layout. This one features my three youngest grandsons who kept very busy at a baby shower…sword fighting, what else! These were from 2010. My how they’ve grown since then.



These are foam swords from the dollar store so no one could get hurt at all. I trimmed all the photos down and mounted them on white and then stacked them across the page. I had one real cute photo of Seth all by him self so I cut around it, inked the edges lightly with black and glued him to the top. He was only three but was and is “all boy rough and tumble” like the stamped sentiment under him says. Joven was about 11, and Jack 6 but they made sure Seth was kept in the game. These boys never get together without a sword fight! Brothers and cousins and best friends!.....as it should be. The black letters and brackets were foam stickers. The sentiment at the top was computer generated.
That’s all for a lovely, lazy Friday, July-10-15

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...