Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Playful Card



This is going to be a very busy day and night – quilt guild meeting – so I though I’d get an early posting in. Tomorrow will be the last nice day for a few days – more rain coming our way so tomorrow will be yard work day.

Today’s card was made with my new-to-me stamp from Close to My Heart. I bought several discontinued sets along with a couple new ones from the dealer and I do believe this one has been discontinued.


The canning jar was stamped on velum with the dark blue ink. The little butterflies and dragonflies and the hearts were part of the stamp set and were stamped on white cardstock. The velum lid and bottom were coloured lightly with alcohol markers and then glued to the stamped cardstock. It turns out that the glue runners from Dollarama do not show under velum – surprising but true. The white cardstock was carefully cut to match the velum. The yellow and blue papers were from my stash and they were glued to the card base. The decorative strip was made with a M.S. punch. I wanted the jar to look like the butterflies and dragonflies were flying around and moving it so I put it on an angle. The sentiment was also part of the set and the tag is a QuicKutz die. The fancy ribbon just added to the playful card. The top right needed a little something so I added a hand cut banner and a yellow gem. The blue banner, blue dragonfly and the blue ribbon form the invisible triangle which keeps the eye moving around the card.

That’s all for a sunny but cool Wednesday. It would be a nicer day if the wind wasn’t coming from the North. It’s a big drop in temperature from the weekend but that’s life in Ontario.

Cheers
Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...