Monday, July 6, 2015

A Quick Card



Well that was one of the best weeks and weekends weather-wise we’ve had for a long time. The Canada Day celebrations with the family were great, the long bike ride the next day was great, a day off to recuperate was nice and then another long bike ride Saturday and a BBQ and hike on Sunday. While we hiked on Sunday we saw several birds, including Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Warblers, Woodpeckers, a Kingfisher and a Great Egret. This is the first time I’ve got even a so-so picture of the Kingfisher. Here it is…..not a great shot but good enough to prove we saw it.



And the Egret was a long way away but I did capture it and it actually made a nice wall-paper photo for my desktop computer. Here is the Egret.



Today’s card is one of those ‘I need a card and I need it quick” card.

I love small paper packs because all the paper matches and it’s quick to put something together. I took two greens (left over pieces) – the top and the bottom and laid them out on the card base – didn’t quite meet. I found the middle green in the stash (with the sentiment already stamped) and it matched perfectly so I placed it on top and glued everything down. This piece of green came from either a friend or the thrift store because I don’t have that sentiment stamp. I added a gold peel-off line on the edges of the middle panel and a peel-off lady bug and called it done. Sometimes less really is enough.

More thunderstorms tomorrow but that’s all for a hot and humid Monday!

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...