Friday, August 14, 2015

Short Hiatus - I'm back!!!!


It was a short hiatus and I’m back! There was a last minute change of plans and the boys are not coming until next weekend now….which turned out to be a blessing as Joe bent over the wrong way yesterday and tweaked his back. He hasn’t had back problems for a couple of years but there was no way he could keep up with those two boys this weekend the way he was feeling. Hopefully it will be healed by next weekend.

So, seeing as it is just life as normal (our normal that is) I figured I may as well start posting again. This is scrapbook layout Friday so I’m posting another layout that lies opposite the one I posted last week.


This is what I do when I have random photos of family members….not taken on the same day, but at least in the same year. The background was just plain beige and I wanted a little more interest on it so I sponged on some brown ink using various stencils….subtle, but there….and splattered on some ink as well. My granddaughter was being featured so I figured the guys could live with some pink and I used some pink as accents across the top and behind where Kadri’s photo was going to be. The butterflies were die cut with a Stampin’ Up thinlit die with some of the left over pink cardstock.

The photos were all mounted on brown cardstock. The journaling was computer generated and printed on white paper and then I used pink chalk to add some interest and this was glued to a brown background piece to match the photos. Some of the same pink cardstock as the accent pink was used to line the curved title and then cut around it leaving an edge.

Once the photos were glued into place I just added some flowers and buttons by Kadri, some washi tape here and there and a tag by the top right photo.

Here are the two pages side by side.
 

That’s all for a lovely Friday, August-14-15

 Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...