Monday, November 2, 2015

A postcard and a Card


Well, Halloween is over and once again it rained! By 7:30 it was raining pretty hard and I couldn’t see any trick or treaters on the street so I shut down operations. We ended up with 52 kids this year. Some were so darn cute. I had on my Halloween vest and a witch hat (which made Joe roll his eyes once again) and when I said to one little girl (about 3 or 4), “I like your costume” she looked up at me and said, “Thank you. I like yours too”. Joe just cracked up laughing. Here's my Halloween vest which I made a few years ago. It's hand painted with acrylic paint.

 

Today the temperature was in the 60’s! We don’t usually have it that warm in November but as far as I’m concerned it can stay like that all winter!....it won’t, but it would nice if it did.

Last week when I was feeling so poorly….and still not 100%... I received a hand-crafted postcard in the mail. What great timing! It cheered me up to no end. Here is the postcard.

 
It was made by my blogger friend, Deb. Here’s a link to her website. She is an awesome artist. I just love her work. http://learningtojustbreathe.blogspot.com

Today’s card is another masculine card.

 
I took this picture of a male mallard duck a couple of years ago and it works well for a masculine card. I added the sentiment in Photoshop. The background papers are from an old 6” paper pack. The bottom piece was run through the wood grain embossing folder. Love that folder. I use it a lot. What better embellishment for a card with a duck on it than duck feathers!...those and a button just pulled it all together.

That’s all for a lovely warm Monday, November-02-15

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That duck card is just amazing Violet! LOVE the duck feathers and the button. Just the perfect touches.... I'm so glad my postcard cheered you up :)

    Living in the boonies again so no trick or treaters.... i do miss them.. i had so much fun the three years in California passing out candy.. Temps are beautiful here too... highs in the 70's lows in the 40's or 50's ... Just darn near perfect... Youth hunting season starts here this coming weekend...uuughh so not look forward to it ... from what i hear it can get a little crazy around here keeping the hunters off your property... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...