Monday, November 9, 2015

Warm Winter Wishes


Warm Winter Wishes is the sentiment on the card I’m posting today…but first…

Well Sunday night was not a good end to the weekend – Joe came down with the flu! He felt fine all day and in fact about an hour before he got sick we debated whether or not we wanted to go to the hockey game but decided at the last minute not to go. Good decision! He’s feeling a little better today so hopefully it’s just the standard 24 hour flu. He did mention that he was shaking hands at church that morning – whereas I do the knuckle punch – so maybe he’s coming around to my way of thinking! My pet peeve for the week is the couple who rarely come to church and when they do they pull out their cell phones and play games all through the service. So rude and disrespectful! I don’t why they bother to come!

 At the end of the week I went over to a friend’s house that had some fruit and vegetable fabric for me so I could make my son-in-law a canning jar wall-hanging like mine – here’s what they looks like…. This one if mine.


He saw a photo of it on Facebook and really liked it and wished he had one so I offered to make him one for Christmas. I think this is about the 4th wall-hanging I’ve made for him. With Joe being sick, I spent the day quilting and I have the top done! Once again I’ve left the Christmas sewing to the last minute but it’s just been too nice to be indoors. The cold weather is coming so I’ll get it all done. 

Here’s today’s card:

 

This card is for this challenge: http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca

This is another water colour card. The background is just various colours of paint on dampened water colour paper and left to blend. I tore a piece of paper and laid it against the bottom bit to create a snow bank. I usually use blue paint to create the snow but this time I went with the red. I thought it looked like the sun peaking through. The snowflakes were done by flicking on white acrylic paint.  The trees were stamped with a very old Tim Holtz stamp. The snowflake was die cut with a Spellbinder die and that is glittery thread behind it The sentiment started out as gold peel-offs but the gold just didn’t work for this card so I sponged some red alcohol ink over them before I removed them from the sheet. They turned out exactly how I wanted them! I’m really liking these water colour cards I’ve created this year.

That’s all for a lovely warm Monday, November-09-15

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Violet
    Beautiful scene for this delightful card . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Joe!!! I hope you feel better soon!! Wham that hit you fast!! My daughter is sick too. Feels like the flu she says... achy and stuff. Geesh....

    I remember seeing that wall hanging of yours Violet. So pretty and unique. Love it!

    And the card is wonderful. Love how you used red on the snow. Perfect.

    We are expecting storms here tomorrow but today is lovely and sunny 70 degrees. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful scene you created with such a beautiful and soft watercolour effect!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...