Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Masculine Birthday Card


Still bitter cold; still haven’t left the house. My mama didn’t raise no fool; I know when to stay inside! It was too cold in the lower studio last night but it’s tolerable during the day so I went downstairs and made a few cards this afternoon. I’m really trying to get through some of the paper stash of bits but I have enough left over bits of paper to make about 500 cards….not kidding! If I was starting over I would use up the scraps right away instead of ‘saving them for a card to make on another day.’ Most are left over from scrapbooking and I wish now I had made a card or two from the scraps at the time. Oh well, eventually I’ll get through it.

At 4:30 last night (or early morning I should say) I woke up with a sneezing fit and thought ‘Oh no, I’m catching Joe’s cold’…..and tomorrow is an all day quilting get-together and then the quilt guild meeting after that. But luckily it was just a sneezing fit for no apparent reason as I seem fine today – whew!

Today’s card is for a man’s birthday and yes, it’s from the stash.

 
I found the background piece and ran the top of it through the Tim Holtz gear embossing folder; then added the strip with the crossing lines under it. I wanted something to brighten the card so I cut two ¼” strips from the brighter green and then added the sentiment which is a peel-off. The sentiment was a real shiny gold so I toned it down with a brown alcohol marker. To hi-lite the embossed gears I first ran some brown ink over it, and then a light touch of gold. Only a crafter uses brown ink to darken gold and gold ink to hi-lite a brown ink on the same card – oh well, it worked. I like it.

That’s all for a bitter cold Tuesday.
 
Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you Violet you have completely sold me on embossing folders..This is a beautiful guy card.... A craft store here is having embossing folders on sale 6 for $10 on Sunday...I'll be there! :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...