Friday, January 29, 2016

Bounce, Slide, Climb Jump, Play


There is a strong cold wind blowing today so I’m staying put. My brain disorders do not like cold wind and I pay heavily for the price of going outside when it’s blowing so cold. I did get a lot done on the raffle quilt for Rondeau today though. It’s coming along just fine.

This morning I found a box of cake mix that had a “best before Dec 15, 2015” printed on it. To use or not to use, that was the question. I thought it was fine, Joe was iffy on it – likely because I’m not fond of chocolate or anything sweet so he eats about 23 of the 24 cupcakes!! I posted the question on Facebook and my friends were overwhelming in favour of using it. They said that date means nothing and they ignore it. Cupcakes were made and they turned out just fine….although Joe insisted that I eat one this afternoon too – why? so we both can be sick at the same time Joe? Funny guy. They were fine and we are fine.

Today’s posting is a scrapbook layout of my grandsons on vacation with us.

Seth loved the trampoline the most.

Only Grampa was allowed to push them on that round swing - Grandma didn't push them high enough! That slide was so high I'm not sure I could climb up there but it didn't bother Seth.
 

The paper is from Paper Wishes and so are most of the embellishments. The photos were all done digitally using templates from the Scrapbook Etc. magazine’s site. The magazine closed down, but the templates are still there… I think.

The photos were printed off on 8 ½” x 11” photo papers and then glued to the 12x12 paper. The bottom treatment is my own idea. I have a long Sizzix cutting die that does that fancy scallop edge and the red was die cut for another project and the red used here is the reverse piece. I’m glad I kept it – hoarder that I am – because it fit very nicely on these pages. The yellow is the actual scallop so they fit together perfectly. The words, slide, jump, bounce, climb and play were stamped onto yellow cardstock and then I carefully cut around each one leaving a tiny border. The journaling was computer generated.

Here are the two pages side by side.



That’s all for a cold Friday, January-29-16. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...