Friday, February 12, 2016

A Stash Card


Cold and snowy here in Ontario. The snow is coming down pretty hard right now so I’m thinking the snow shovels will get another work out tomorrow. Although it was fine here last night, farther east from here there was more snow and white out conditions (snow blowing across the road so you cannot see far in front or even beside you) and there were over 350 accidents – most caused because people will not slow down in bad weather. Crazy people!

Did you notice something new on the blog? The Pinterest button? I finally figured out how to allow my cards to be pinned to Pinterest and thought I’d give it a try. Let me know if you like it or not or if you use it or not.

Today’s card is another one from the stash but again, it could be made from new paper as well.

 

The striped paper on the right and on the bottom is one sheet but I added the top strip to make it fit the card. The strip on the left matches the strips on right so I added it going vertical instead of horizontal. To hide the seams, I took silver peel-off strips and ran some light green alcohol ink down them to change the colour. I used green because it was pretty close in colour to the ribbon I wanted to use – which picks up the colour from the leaves in the coloured image…..yes, I know, I like everything to match! The image is a free down-load from the Internet and I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils, blended a bit with gamsol and used the old Spellbinder's rectangle die to die cut it. Instead of a bow I just tied a piece of ribbon and cut the ends on an angle. It needed something else so I added the wooden butterfly. The tag was hand cut and the sentiment is another coloured silver peel-off to match the peel-off strips.

That’s all for a cold, snowy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and stay safe.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...