Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hawks, Bears and a Card


We had a few snow showers about 9:00 this morning but they didn’t last long; then it changed to snow pellets for awhile; and then nothing; and then back to snow showers but not much is accumulating on the ground. We’ve had green grass for weeks now. Temperatures are right around the freezing mark so not too cold at all, but damp.

I’m tired today for no apparent reason – maybe just tired of winter. I saw this on the Internet and thought it was perfect for how I felt.

No bear is chasing me today so I didn’t get as much accomplished as I should have.

Yesterday we looked out the back door just before we left for a walk and we found this hawk sitting on the fence. I had to delay the walk to get a couple of shots in. Joe does not like hawks but they are beautiful birds. Apparently some think it is a Sharp Skinned Hawk, not a Coopers but it’s still open for debate. They are so similar its almost impossible to tell them apart.


 
And now a card……. I like how this one turned out.


Paper is from the stash but not all cards have to look like they come from the stash and I don’t think this one does! The two background papers were taped together at the back. When I make a card I like to think two things are important……match and contrast…sounds contradictory but I like the background to match but I like the focal image to pop so the only way to do that is by contrast.
 
The blue just seemed right for this card so the first thing I did was die cut (Spellbinders) Edgeability die to put down the seam where the two background pieces met. Then, using the same blue, a Spellbinder scalloped rectangle die was used to mount the image on….which was coloured with Prismacolor pencils….and the sentiment and embellishment were die cut from an old Cuttlebug die.
 
The focal image is popped up to give some dimension to the card and it resting on a piece of fun foam cut just a bit smaller than the card. I saw someone on YouTube do this and I thought it was an excellent idea. Once the card was finished, I added Stickles to the cupcakes and some around the image….using yellow and blue to match the rest of the card.

I hope some of these cards will encourage you to use up those scraps of paper. That’s all for a snowy Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...